HOST RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Akarua Arrowtown Autumn Festival Events
Thursday 21st April – Monday 25th April 2022
The Akarua Arrowtown Autumn Festival Committee has a responsibility to provide an environment that is not only comfortable and welcoming but also one where alcohol is served responsibly. The following will be implemented at all times:
- A wide range of non-alcoholic drinks including fruit juice, soft drinks, and bottled water will be available at each event.
- Water will be available free of charge with clear signage indicating its location.
- Low alcohol beer will be available at events where beer is being served.
- A selection of hot food will be available at each event with the Festival Committee being committed to ensuring there is plenty of food during events where alcohol is available.
- Relevant signage relating to the sale and supply of alcohol will be visible to staff and patrons.
- It is against the law to serve alcohol to minors. If there is any doubt you will be asked for identification. Acceptable forms of proof of age include the New Zealand photo drivers license, the HANZ 18+ card, a kiwi access card or a current passport.
- Patrons who are visibly intoxicated will not be served alcohol. Such patrons will be encouraged to take advantage of safe travel options.
- We will promote transport options to get you safely home by providing a free phone for taxi service and bus information where needed.
- There will be committee members and volunteers available at each event to assist where needed. There will also be security at some events.
- All bars at all events will be closed at least half an hour prior to the event finishing.